Jim gave me a cute white camera for Christmas and I'm looking forward to getting back into the saddle with updates on the blog!
In the meantime, I think it's about time for the latest Kid's Sayings. :)
From where I left off, last March...
3/7/16
Wade accepted Jesus’ forgiveness for his sins today!! J The other night Jim
was reading him one of the Answers In Genesis kids’ books, and at the end it
asks if they want to accept Jesus’ forgiveness. Wade said maybe tomorrow. Today
we read another of the AIG kids’ books, at Wade’s request, and again I offered
that he could accept Jesus’ forgiveness. He said maybe tomorrow, but I said
“Did you know that Jesus says that we shouldn’t wait until tomorrow? He said,
‘Today is the day of salvation.’” So Wade said he wanted to. He repeated after
me, and then we had a good talk about how we will be in heaven together and
with God forever and that makes me very very happy. He said, “And we don’t have
to go to hell. There’s no key to get out of hell. There’s no sword to get out
of hell. There’s gnashing of teeth in hell.” I told him there was a party going
on in heaven because the angels and God are so happy he accepted Jesus! Thank
you, Lord. May he truly be Yours. May he grow in You and walk with you all of
the days of his life!
3/13/16
Tonight I told the boys to get ready for bed and there were
a lot of shenanegans going on while I was down in the kitchen. Wade came down
first, and said, “I’m ready! I finished before Wyatt because I don’t have a lot
of sillies in my body to get out.”
4/3/16
Wyatt, firing his toy gun, “I’m gonna fire the
always-have-fun shot, and the never-go-to-school-every-day-of-the-week-shot!”
Wade, upon receiving his $$ for the week for doing chores:
“I’m going to save up my money to buy a car when I’m a teenager.”
4/9/16
We’ve noticed that 152,000 is Wade’s highest number – the
ultimate.
4/12/16
Wade, after hearing The Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe:
“That’s an AWFUL mama!!”
4/13/16
After Wednesday school, Garrett told me, “I don’t know if
I’ve ever told you how it warms my heart to be near you. Especially at night
time.”
Ms. Cathy at Wed. School told me when I picked the boys up, about Garrett:
“He’s always positive, that kid!” Always nice to hear!!
After explaining to the boys that Grandma Barnes buys most
of their clothes for them and saves us a lot of money, Wyatt said, “We are a
very lucky family.” Indeed.
4/19/16
When Wyatt and Wade want a taste of something at mealtime
before we pray, they tell me they’re tasting it to make sure it isn’t rotten.
4/20/16
Wade sucks air in through his teeth when he talks – very
cute.
Wyatt brought on our walk: a baggie to put a nice mouse in,
a pop rocket to blow up bad animals with, and a stick to whack any bad animals’
heads off. J
4/22/16
Wyatt has been acting like the tin man constantly with a
cute voice, needing oil frequently so he can move and talk.
Garrett has been producing all sorts of paper phones, memory
cards, PDA’s, phone holders, etc.
4/28/16
Wyatt: “They catch tiny ladies and put them in fire alarms”
(to be the voices.)
5/11/16
Wade: “My kitties are alley cats, because they like to be
alone.”
5/12/16
Wade: “This is the mommy kitty. This is the baby kitty. This
is the rough and tough baby kitty. Because he doesn’t want the other kitties to
get hurt.”
6/3/16
Wade says “bluckily” for luckily and it’s very cute. J
6/9/16
Wade has an imaginary friend named O, who went with him to
the dentist today, and goes to karate, martial arts, and preschool, is 100 and
has a high red belt in martial arts. J
6/12/16
Wade got a tool set from Jim. He said he would let a
helpless old man use his tools if he needed them.
7/18/16
Wade: “Mom, when I grow up I’m just going to be a kids’ dad.
(Daddy is very important to Wade!)
7/23/16
I went into Wade’s room to check why he wasn’t asleep yet and
said I’d lay down with him a while. He got so excited! When I laid down, he put
his little arm around me and said, “It’s nice having a mama.” <3 o:p="">3>
7/29/16
I was having a hard day emotionally and Garrett blessed me
with: “You’re not just pretty, Mom, you’re beautiful.” Later I explained I was
sorry for being emotional with the boys that day and he said, “It doesn’t
matter if you are happy or sad or angry – I still love you.” Awww………melted
heart.
11/16
Wade has been saying lately: “Mom! I’m to give you a blessing! (Runs around to open
my car door or put a blanket on the couch…) <3 o:p="">3>
Wade has been using big words, like “accelerate,” “disintegrate,”
and rare – all in context!
11/30/16
Eating lunch on the deck with me on a Mommy-Wade Wednesday, Wade looked up and said, “It’s true –
there’s no place like home.”
On vacation Wade was riding from Jeff & Lisa’s house to
Gma & Gpa’s house and he said with a gleam in his eyes, “Can you –
accelerate??”
12/14/16
While cooking with me tonight and taking charge of the taco
pork, Wade said, “And who would want a little boy like me!” (As in, so many
people would want a little boy like me!)
1/4/17
Today Wade was learning about the Ten Commandments in homeschool,
and after telling him about them, I hid a quarter with a ten commandments
sticker on it for him to find. After he found it, I asked him if he knew what
the picture was of, and he said confidently, “Yes! Popsicles!”
Today I was telling the boys at lunch that it isn’t good for
them to pour salt into their hands to eat; that too much salt isn’t good for
them. After we all laughed about it, Garrett looked at me and said, “Seriously,
Mom, we’d all be dead a long time ago if you weren’t here.” (Best mom
compliment ever??)
No comments:
Post a Comment