background

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Late Winter, Early Spring

Every once in a while, I let the boys have a Calvin & Hobbes reading frenzy, and then we put them away when I get weary of hearing the many naughty exploits of Calvin. ;) Wade got into it this time and seemed to really understand some of the stories by the pictures.
 
 
Playing a game during school time.

 
Wade wanted to ask Jesus to forgive his sins, and we went out to ice cream to celebrate!


 
Jim's birthday! The boys gave him gifts they picked out at the Dollar Tree and we had his favorite lemon cake.




 
In the covered wagon at the zoo.

 
I got Wyatt's room painted and decorated in the beach theme he really wanted. Now if only the room would stay this clean all the time!



 
Wyatt hard at work on schoolwork...

 
Garrett enjoyed being "Stupendous Man" and jumping off the deck railing with his sheet parachute.


 
Wade and I like our Wednesdays together when the other boys are at Wednesday school.

 
Craft time! Lots of crafts going on over here.

 
Drawing what a popcorn kernel does each day when covered with a damp paper towel.

 
Wyatt read "Cowboy Small"!

 
Kitty is always close by...

 
We had a huge spring snow storm! It even broke the branch of the evergreen in our backyard. Lots of heavy snow.



 
Poor little leaf buds smothered with snow.

 
Garrett wrote a couple of nice letters to the grandparents.

 
Easter Sunday! All spiffed up for church, then an egg hunt around the house since the snow was still sitting outside.


 
Strings to find their baskets.







1 comment:

Great Aunt Gretchen said...

I love the Easter pics with the snow! And Stupendous Man, how fun!
You're a fun & creative mom. :)